Loaches...

Chuncan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Corralitos, CA
I've been researching loaches, (not a very attractive word, can we all agree?) and the like and I was wondering how compatible the different kinds are. Example: Panda Loaches and Golden Dojo Loaches. Or Kuhli Loach and a Clown Loach. (any loach compatiblity info would be good, not just for these guys)

groovylime

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2007
Vancouver
Dojo loaches are cool water fish, Skunk loaches are very agressive to other loaches.
Most other loaches are fine together.

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
Have you tried Loaches.com? I found that site to have lots of useful information.
I just joined it. I have 5 burmese right now and getting 5 red tail botias, 5 horseface and 5 zebras Saturday to add to my collection :eek:

Sent from my LGL45C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HackJob

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
NH
I have a dojo loach that likes to be petted, he is in the goldfish tank. As soon as my hand is in the water, he is there, comes right to top and loves curling around my fingers. Most like a dog I have ever seen in a fish.

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
If red tails are blueberry loaches, which i think they are, look out. They are loach killers when they get bigger. Not to mention they get really aggressive at feeding time.
They will move to the 220 once they get some size

They will move to the 220 once they get some size

That's cool. i just wanted to warn about the aggression and pack mentality at feeding time if they are housed with timid or easily bullied fish. :)

In my humble opinion, they are the most aggressive loach, and have the muscle to back up my claim! :)

kissofcrimson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2010
North Carolina, USA
www.facebook.com
Personally I love Kuhlis and Dojos. Both are compatible with each other and very docile, though Dojos can be a bit bossy come feeding time. Any botia is aggressive imo and shouldn't be housed with other small loach species. Love red tails but yeah are very aggressive.

Loves severums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2009
Michigan
I love my Yo yo loaches there just as nice a my clown loaches

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store