Motoro Help/advice

Decker504

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2010
New Orleans/Old Metry
I'm picking up 4 newborn motoro pups tomorrow from a buddy who's pair just had them and he has nowhere to out them. I've been wanting one forever but I've never kept rays b4. They are only 3 inches or so and I plan On putting them in a 40 long by themselves until they grow a bit b4 I move them into one of my bigger tanks. His puffer bit two of the pup tails off. Any advice for raising these pups would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROID3 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

scott s

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
Indiana
40 long should be fine for a couple of months. Watch the water parameters...hopefully the filter is mature as rays produce quite a bio load. As far as the two missing tails, they should heal, watch for infection. May want to put in a divider so the other two dont pick at the injury. Four Motoros will need a huge tank as adults. Check what sex they are. You dont want more males than females. Might grow em up a bit and sell a couple off JMO.

Decker504

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2010
New Orleans/Old Metry
I'm going to put a aquaclear 110. Maybe 2 on there that are cycled but tank is established. I hope they make it through the night. I barely had time to acclimate them and mke it to work. 200 mile trip, huge lighting storm and massive traffic. Hopefully it will be worth it....

Sent from my DROID3 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store