Lets fighTing

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
Only for that one time shortly. I tried to have a FH community but this combination did not work.

None were hurt except the kgm; he got few scales bit off and healed under a week.

fishincube

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2010
Sacramento
It is nice to see a few flowerhorn peacefully swim in a community tank though, can you share your experience grouping flowerhorns together, are they raised since little? how to stop the fight? what you do to keep all of them with big head? Why this group is not working?.......Thanks.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
It is nice to see a few flowerhorn peacefully swim in a community tank though, can you share your experience grouping flowerhorns together, are they raised since little? how to stop the fight? what you do to keep all of them with big head? Why this group is not working?.......Thanks.
OK i can do that..

They have to be all different sizes and non should be at equal size. At least 3 ok but gotta have dithers. More than 3 is good so they all distract each other and none is focused as an e.z. target. Tank must be big enough for them to run around. The bigger the better.

This group are my chosen favoites but they are at equal sizes so it doesn't work because none will give in to the other. They can settle it with figh Ting till one runs away but he will still get harassed till death because of the equal size competition and threat.

But need a monster tank for sure. And only one can get the biggest head(the tank boss)

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
They need to grow up together to work.
i would think so too. But Im trying to them them to grow up together. Though they do look bulked up like adults. They are all actually 6"-7" at the time in the video.

The Blue one is now with a new owner. He is the most striking looker

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store