2300 gallon fish room work in progress.

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
Hey all dont share much on the site about what fish/tanks (more tanks then fish atm, I don't believe in buying fish without having a system to keep them in) I keep so figured I would copy this straight from a site a use more often just so anyone who might be interested can have a look, its no master piece just enough to keep me going why I finish school, working and schooling + keeping up with fish makes me understand the pain some mothers go through lol!

Well to start I believe it was 2 years or so ago when I first walked into a fish shop once again after a good 3 years of not keeping fish, Had no idea what I was doing and setup a 2ft tank then that 2 foot tank turned into a 4ft tank then 2 more tanks came all over the 100G mark, Now I have close to a total of 25 tanks all over 100G so MTS junkie!

Once I saw My first flowerhorn in the shop playing with my hand I feel in love and went tank crazy, quickly started reading as much as I could fit in to my brain in one day, then took over the garage.

This picture was where the garage was at after 2-3 weeks of throwing stuff out, I felt like I was getting no where and just wasting money on skips at one point, by this point my whole family was stating I have a fetish for fish and teasing me!

The first tanks for the fish room!

Shortly after this I was begging my cousins to come over and help me lift them, 2 of us tried 2 of is failed, we got the bottom ones in but no way could we get the top ones on, so finally my cousins girlfriend came and had the extra muscle we lacked, aussie girls powerhouses :)

Shortly after that a petshop was closing down and had another tier stand that would fit right in the area I needed so I snapped that up also, my girlfriend and I managed to get those tanks up onto the racks apart for the top one. even to this day she still hates me for that task :(

First row done!!

I moved most of my fish into these tanks, fry cichlids into the 4fts, mainly a mixed cichlid tank in the top left one.

Next I went and got a tank for the flowerhorn in the shop, owner was not very happy selling it but in the end he decided too.

then I found 2 almost full grown jags for sale, the owner was pretty sure they where a pair so I tried them out one month went by every time I let them out they would just fight so I decided to just let them out and see what happens after reading its hard to tell when jags are fighting or just having sex, big fellas like it ruff I guess :nilly:

few weeks later this came :D
[video=youtube;1DYv6SDZcPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DYv6SDZcPE[/video]

Went a few weeks without anything coming was learning about sumps to setup the 8ft/7ft tier, then I found a cheap 4ft 3 tier stand so jacked that up, went and got a Red devil I had always had my eyes on, before this I got my Jardini.

This is 6 months after I got him, he was about 35-40CM back then.

RD sleeping lol nice pillow.

I stopped for a while to get one tank in my bedroom done and bossy boots was not happy looking at an empty tank and I promised myself and her discus would go in our room, So I stopped with my fishroom as such for a good 3 weeks or so.

*link for discus video will be under** (movie limit =P )

Finished this tank, then decided it was time to move the jardini into the 7FT tank, went out to get bulk heads tried 4 different ones none went in! so I said stuff it got some aquarium silicone, removed the dividers from the sump got a hammer out hit them a few times got the biggest chunks glued them into it (had to do one tank at a time) cleaned them and got them all up onto the rack. we almost dropped the 8ft tank was veryyyy scary =O it actually broke the beam in the 7ft tank which had to be patched up also once I empty it I will fix the tank properly.

typing the rest, sorry about the poor English and some parts not making sense I am really crap at writing.

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
I started on the 4ft tank as the neons caught neon tetra bug and we almost lost the whole livestock! So I moved them all into a small tank and then started to rebuild the tank. Nothing serious just added more plants more sand as the plants where growing out of the ground, which amazed me as it’s just a T8 tube, and we restocked the tank I will try to get a video of this also.

After this I started to clean some 4ft tanks, added a Black belt and flowerhorn pair to the 2 spare tanks both running eheim 2213s :) used some seeded media to get them going.

Then I did plan on stopping and leaving it at what I had for a year or so but a sale came up I could not hold back on 10x 4x2x2 tanks with stands and 2 6ft sumps all for under 2000$ so in amazement I went to check it out, the units where used for salt and they seemed to be fine, the stands the store used where hard wired into the wall so I was worried how I would rebuild that, the owner told me he had stands made up for the tanks he planned to use but found them not very good for the shop as the sump can’t sit under them.

So after trying to bargain an already great deal I got somewhere and took the whole setup, within 2 days everything was delivered, I worked so hard those 2 days my nose was bleeding for a good 2 hours the first day and 45 minutes the second, I still blame it on the heat but everyone says it was working 16 hours flat! Time fly’s.... and no I was not high!

We had a BBQ the following day and my cousins helped me well I didn’t get to help much but they lifted all the tanks onto the stands within 30 minutes, then we ate a BBQ lol... I started trying to learn how to plumb the sumps and had no clue, pirahnah(friend from another forum) helped me out a lot and I owe him my left leg for it so thank you so much, sorry for asking so many questions it’s not easy learning over google chat! I started cleaning the tanks as soon as I knew how to plumb them got 4 done and 1 sump then last week started plumbing just tested the system last week and everything is working as expected, apart for the fact the media does nothing fancy to my liking I was expecting it to move or dance just sits there =(

[video=youtube;lkmkEa7kHQU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkmkEa7kHQU[/video]

That’s without the media in and on a low flow I have fixed the flow so it comes out more strong, at 7200LPH with no back pressure, facing a few issues now as the stranded PVC pipe method does not work with the force the pipe spins around in circles causing the bulkhead to flex which I don’t like. So getting some glass cut to build internal overflow boxes which will fix the issue!

I will get some full shots of the room now so everyone can see the difference its quite amazing in my eyes!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me over the past 2 years or so, really has made keeping fish much more enjoyable, I hope someday I will be able to give advice!

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
heres the discus video

[video=youtube;A774CG-gU7M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A774CG-gU7M[/video]

Alright heres the room finished not so easy to take picture of it anymore so hope these cut it! I will try and update this post as I do each tank if people want so let me know otherwise I most likely will forget about it lol.

IMG_1812.JPGIMG_1813.JPGIMG_1814.JPGIMG-20120310-00088.jpgIMG-20120310-00089.jpg

Please excuse the car I cant drive and yeah its stuck there xD!

IMG_1812.JPG

IMG_1813.JPG

IMG_1814.JPG

IMG-20120310-00088.jpg

IMG-20120310-00089.jpg

SuperRD35

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2011
CA
badass fish room. makes me jelous

Sent from my SGH-T679 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoohouse

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Arlington
You are giving more meaning to "I keep water, occasionally I let fish swim in it". Jk jealous sounds like you have got some good deals.

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
haha thanks guys.

dayv what do you want pictures of? I am bored you might get lucky lol.

Yeah zoo at the moment I am keeping more water then anything! I made a plan and that was to have all the tanks setup filtered etc then add the fish once all done, which was hard I did pretty good though only got a few fishy :D actually glad I did not stock all the tanks, I plan on turning all the 6fts into a sump ran system which would be a pain in the butt to handle with fish in all the tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store