fish steroids?

rweedon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
pullman washington
so with everybody in the MLB doing it I recently heard that they make steroids for fish. I recieved this information from a very knowledgeable and trusted source that is known to joke around a bit. Has anyone else heard of this and is it bad for your fish...

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
naw dude i got a firemoth that hangs with my dovii and devils because of the stuff. i bought him injected from a friend, and the thing is developing a serious nuchal hump. he has some serious color as well and always seems to be in spawning mode. he is pushing a good 8" now and has bred with my female festae and killed my big red tiger mota. he is definitely thick. you can see muscles bulging from his caudal and pectoral areas. youd swear it was a flower horn but nope. just an average everyday firemouth pumped on loads of testosterone. mean azz fish. ...jk...haha

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
I believe fish steroids were intended for intense growth as a food source. Such as Tilapias on a fish farm.

It is the same practice KFC uses with their 6 winged chickens.

I don't think it is used in the ornamental fish trade, I would imagine there are restrictions.

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
no i havent herd of them but if there real i wouldn't use them.

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
id have the biggest jacked fish ever. juiced dovii that eat the neighborhood kittens for protein. a pack of rhoms juiced to the max that i fed whole baby pigs too. bring on the juice!!!

darkemotion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2005
cambodia
does any one know where to get some? I am interested in gettin some for my flowerhorn his hump is sooo small. what are the steroids supposed to do to the fish? make them more agressive? if they enhance growth I would definately be intersted but this is the first time I ever heard about steroid in fish. I heard of people putting silicone in the hump of flowerhorns but thats about it.

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
im all for it. lets find some and then we will truly have monster fish. could you imagine a devil juiced up. they are all ready glass bangers. just imagine one with a little roid rage. now that would be cool

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
CentralMayhem said:
id have the biggest jacked fish ever. juiced dovii that eat the neighborhood kittens for protein. a pack of rhoms juiced to the max that i fed whole baby pigs too. bring on the juice!!!
Rhoms with roid rage! lol

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
Don't like messing with fish like that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store