Will this tank bust open?

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
Hello.

So I have 2 4x2x2 tanks left to setup up, they use plastic clip on braces which I really like issue is I was not given the right amount so I am 2 short!

One of the 4x2x2 has half a brace I guess, it runs around the inside of the tank making a square box but has no center brace going across, do you think its safe to run this without the center brace? or should I just wait and buy some glass to make a center brace? they are starfire glass 10mm thick not sure if this makes any difference?

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I wouldn't. If you are missing pieces, wait until you get them, especially if the tank was designed to have them.

GrantA94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2011
cumbria
I wouldnt risk it. Even if it doesn't give straight away, It may do over time. Especially with a larger volume of water.

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
Thanks guys!

None of the tanks actually use braces they have the plastic clip on ones, which I love makes it easy to fit any size driftwood in etc just empty the tank remove the brace(clips on) and all good.

I think I will just go to a glassy and get a 6-10mm glass piece cut and whack that on. I have a broken tank with the right size brace but I couldn't get them off cant get a razor in between to cut =(!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store