IT cant get pellet trained

Eli173

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2011
Allentown PA
Ok have a 8" indo that will not eat carnivore sticks or anything else except silversides i went 3 weeks without feeding him n feed the rest of the tank sticks he will not even try them... I broke down today and gave him some silversides but in a little different way... I stuffed the silversides wit carnivore sticks..... He ate them but i really wanna stop silversides in full.... Any opinions or technics on how i can do this???? Really need help here don't know if he will starve himself if i don't feed him silversides....
Thanks, Eli

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
One fix is to sell your fish. LoL if you want to keep him you need a lot of patience and willing to risk him dying to train. You can try massivores. Most dats love it.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Marinate pellets in prawns, silverside or bloodworm.
Only feed pellets or prawns. It will convert after 6 weeks or so. If your worried it will die, feed it why it likes for one day, then repeat method.

Make sure it's fat before hand though.

Before you do that, use the search function: search for starve: pellet training etc...

It's one of the most posted about topics ... No point restarting a thread that's been done to death.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Just read: your fish is 8 inch!!

If its relatively fat, it should go 7 weeks or more without eating.
I had a 7 inch indo go 7 weeks; ate nothing . Didn't even look thin.

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
No exp with dats but like stated above with the soaking method try garlic they should sell it at your Lfs designed for fish and soak the pellets or whatever you want in them. I've used it for lots of things before.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Eli173

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2011
Allentown PA
Just read: your fish is 8 inch!!

If its relatively fat, it should go 7 weeks or more without eating.
I had a 7 inch indo go 7 weeks; ate nothing . Didn't even look thin.

Well i guess its a game from today on " who breaks first me or the dat" hope i win..... Thanks for the advise will try all technics......

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
dont feed the stick feed sinking and use massivore for a 8inch tiger

if you gave in at 3 weeks that was to soon you need to go 4-6 weeks

TheTankMates

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
llama
Also try different types of pellets, and keep him with other hungry aggressive eaters. It took me 4-5 different kinds of pellets but within a day or two of trying the brand I am on now mine eats them with gusto, off the surface in the water column off the sand. Its so nice not to have to cut up krill anymore.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store