most humane way to kill a fish?

oscar fish lover2000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
australia
what's the most humane way to kill a fish? I usually let fish go but if i catch a really delicous tasting fish like flounder,whiting,english perch or trout i usually keep it and make a nice battered fish or sahimi :drool: i don't like to make any animal suffer, i never use live bait, except for worms cause they don't feel pain, i usually bonk the fish on the head with a stick but i don't think that's humane, how do you humanely kill a fish?

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
what's the most humane way to kill a fish? I usually let fish go but if i catch a really delicous tasting fish like flounder,whiting,english perch or trout i usually keep it and make a nice battered fish or sahimi :drool: i don't like to make any animal suffer, i never use live bait, except for worms cause they don't feel pain, i usually bonk the fish on the head with a stick but i don't think that's humane, how do you humanely kill a fish?
You "bonk" it on the head really hard with a heavy object ( sticks are too light) and then you take a knife and put a cut through the heart so they bleed out.

1bigdovii

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2012
Virginia
These guys are right destroy the brain and they will feel no pain.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

squidyboy0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Malibu, California
Flush it down the toilet! Jk, try using a special club they sell at walmart and other outdoor stores. I also find using a knife to get at their heart or brains work as well. Don't worry it is all humane, I guess....

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
billy clubs will work i toss em on ice personally

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
^^ be careful cutting the head off. if you don't have a full body and the ranger comes by and that makes it undersized you can get in a lot of trouble

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
cutting head off will hurt them alot because because it isnt instant. They gotta feel the blade from start to finish..

if the fish is not too big and you can one hand baseball pitch it to the hard floor. If the fish is big and you cant throw it hard, you should try to kill it with a baseball bat with just ONE HIT. We're trying to make it as quick and painless as possible here ok? INSTANT kill is what we're going for.

good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store