Techniques for catching Trout aside from a fly rod

DiscusManiac11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2009
PA
Hi I've been looking up trout and there is going to be several stocks around where I live with rainbow and brown trout, and I was wondering if there are any tips you guys could give me on how to catch them. I don't have a fly rod.

Thanks Kenneth

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Float fishing with worms, mealworms and other insect larvae works very well. Also you could try spin fishing with a small spinner.

toehead11183

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Memphis, tn
Dynamite!

Sent from my X500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
If your new....spinfishing w/ lures. Or...i hate to say it. Powerbait off the bottome. Put a split shot about 12-18" above your hook. Put on a small piece that covers the hook...not too much bigger. A size 10 hook works great. Rainbow or orange powerbait was my favourite when i fished this way. You can also get orange power eggs...first put a worm on your hook...then the egg. The egg helps float the worm and has scent to attract them.

Let us know how you do.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Forgot about those.....

CIchlid fiend try these jigs called stingers. They sell em in 3 packs....basically a crappie jig that trout really like.

DiscusManiac11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2009
PA
Alright thanks guys! I'll going out this weekend! I'll let you guys know how I do

DiscusManiac11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2009
PA
Hey guys just an update I went fishing for rainbows today using the Berkeley power bait, and caught two but lost about seven. My question is what is the good size on a rainbow trout for the dinner table? I kept the 12" I caught today. The other was eight inches

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
Hey guys just an update I went fishing for rainbows today using the Berkeley power bait, and caught two but lost about seven. My question is what is the good size on a rainbow trout for the dinner table? I kept the 12" I caught today. The other was eight inches
Kinda depends in where you live...personally I think the 8-12" stockers with white meat are kinda gross to eat. I like trout to be around 16"-22" to eat. They will generally have pinkish-orangish meat that is much more firm and tasty. It's also easier to deal with the bones.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store