Snakehead Fishing in New Jersey

kran

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2011
Overland Park
OK so I will admit I am no expert on fish but what is the issue with snakeheads? No I am not a save the fish person I am just curious about them.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
OK so I will admit I am no expert on fish but what is the issue with snakeheads? No I am not a save the fish person I am just curious about them.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
With their voracious appetite, they will eventually wipe out native species of fish.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
With their voracious appetite, they will eventually wipe out native species of fish.
No they will not. Snakeheads have been in United States for 20 years and the natives are still here.

fish_sauce

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2009
Taiwan
Snakeheads are known to eat small pets and children. There have been documented cases of children snatched from their beds at night in some Asian countries. In the wild, they have a varied diet. When they are in the water, they will eat anything from fish to dolphins to crocodiles. On land, they will eat deer, boar, dogs, wolves, people, pets, and anything that is 2/3 of their total length. They also have the ability to walk on land for days out of water. In fact, they are almost like amphibians. Inside their powerful, bone crunching jaws are rows of razor sharp teeth. Combine this with the fact that they can grow to 5 feet long, you've got yourself a monster. They make alligators seem like guppies.

• Haha
Reactions: beau1990

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
No they will not, don't be so dramatic. They coexist with many other species of fish in their native waters.
Would you like it if they lived in your local waters and started eating the fish you fish for? Just look at how many were caught in such a small waterway.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store