Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
The Monster M Avatar Competition
Sponsor by Rare Fish

Prize : $200 gift certificate

Details:

For those of you that missed the last contest, this one's for you! MFK is proud to bring our next twist to the MFK "create your own avatar" contest series. Members must use the Monster M supplied below and fashion a FREEHAND avatar by incorporating it into an avatar scheme that's all your own. Members can ONLY use "Brush Tool" and "Pencil Tool" on your photo editing program for this contest and must retain the 300 x 300 pixel size. Members suspected of cutting and pasting pictures, resizing and using other tools will have their submissions disqualified. Once we receive all of the files to the e-mail address below, avatars will be displayed for members to vote on which one they think is the best. Time to steady your hand, get your creative juices flowing and show your MFK Spirit!

Avatar Size is 300 x 300 pixels.

You must use this template here :

(right click -> save target as)
(Right click -> "save picture as" )​

Submit all entries to: mfkspirit@monsterfishkeepers.com

Please include your MFK MEMBER NAME with your entry.

One Avatar Per Member.

Submission Period - Now till May 19, 2012 12:00am EST

Member Voting Period - May 20, 2012 12:00am EST ~ May 28, 2012 11:59pm EST

Prize:

a $200 Rare Fish Gift Certificate.

Requirements:

Participating members and staff must attain 50 posts or higher to be qualified.

Guidelines:

• We will ship the prize in US

• MFK and any affiliated MFK sponsor(s) reserve the rights to deny or reject any participant. Only one number per member, no member is allowed to attempt registering under more than one member name/identity on MFK.

• In the case of Damage or Lost in the mail of a complimentary (free) raffle, there will not be a replacement prize.

• By entering this raffle, you are confirming and agree to have done in full - completely and comprehensively reviewed the terms/rules that apply and you have complied to hold no liability to either MFK or any of affiliated MFK sponsor(s) in violation of any State and/or Local law(s) in your Country/State (and/or within that Country/State).

• To participate, a member must be 18 years old. Otherwise, a parent/legal guardian must enter for the member.

• Members on "Probation" status or any member who registers under more than one name might not/will not be qualified to enter our MFK raffle(s). Members who have (previously) offended one or more terms/rules of our MFK raffle may be restricted in partaking this and/or any future raffles, contests and community events bestowed or sponsored by MFK.

• Certain au courant raffle rules may be voided in different/separate raffles. Details and Guidelines are subject to change without advanced notice.

Burgess

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2009
Michigan
OK i have a ? if thats ok you want us to use the M in MFK With a paint brush and a pencil SO print it off and make it ? or are we talking about PC tool Like Paint brush and pencil on the pc.... then put it in to a picture or what specifics please it will help me under stand what to do

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
OK i have a ? if thats ok you want us to use the M in MFK With a paint brush and a pencil SO print it off and make it ? or are we talking about PC tool Like Paint brush and pencil on the pc.... then put it in to a picture or what specifics please it will help me under stand what to do
you must use software on either Mac or PC..

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
freehand I think meant like freehand on paint program not freehand like with your hand and art supplies.. This should be an intersting contest!

heatherbeast

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2009
Atlanta, GA
heatherbeast.deviantart.com
Also, looking at this a bit more closely, I see that there was controversy over last year's contest over whether or not MS Paint was used. I see that in this years' contest, "photo editing program" is mentioned. Is this open to photoshop, illustrator, etc.? If those are allowed, how will the judges enforce the "Brush Tool" and "Pencil Tool" only portion of the contest? Would the use of layers be allowed? I guess I should have asked sooner! Hope to hear something back by Wednesday.

heatherbeast

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2009
Atlanta, GA
heatherbeast.deviantart.com
Guys guys the deadline for entries will come up soon. :( I wanna play but I want to make sure I do it right. I don't want to get the stink-eye from people who think I've cheated! What is and isn't okay?

Can we use Photoshop this year? Does it need to be MS Paint only? I see that Neoprodigy mentioned 'your software' but does that mean ANY software?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store