Mental stimulation

armaggedonx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
Glasgow
www.herpforum.com
I have a dobermanns pincsher and have been reading a lot about their specific requirements and one is advanced mental stimuli. I'm thinking of using "tracking" as his brain training to keep his mind occupied and active but how would you go about setting up a situation for him? Like hide a bit of food in the woods but spray something smelly every so often on the way or what?

Move this thread to general discussion if you wish by the way! Lol

Cheers,
Keith

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Megabass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2012
Brantford,ontario,canada
Schutzhund theory and training methods by stuart hilliard and sue barwig,its an excellent book that covers in detail the how to's on tracking,attack work and basic to advanced obedience,i have rottweilers and have used the methods in this book for years

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Paperfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
Grand Prairie, TX
/agree with Megabass. Schutzhund training is done incrementally relies on the dog's willingness and trainers ability to encourage and bring out the dog's natural inclinations.

Tracking is taught in baby steps too. Get the books, and read up on it. It's a wonderful sport to participate in with your dogs.

armaggedonx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
Glasgow
www.herpforum.com
Cheers for the replies! I'll try get the book most definitely!

I'm thinking tracking because I also hunt, using whippets and soon a redtail hawk so it could prove productive training it in something I could use :D

armaggedonx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
Glasgow
www.herpforum.com
Cool,i hunt with bow,and shotgun,and my brother has a red tail hawk he hunts with a jack russell

Sweet. I have a 2-2 air rifle too. Was gonna get a shotgun licence but you can't have any convictions before your licence is even considered.....there goes my chance! Lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store