Hi new here

BoabMac63

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2012
Scotland
Hi everyone im new here ive got 2 20g tanks but next week im getting a 120g 5 ft tank for my convict
Sum 1 told me i could put
ConvictS
1 oscar
2 JDs
6 silver dollars
6 pictus catfish
Plus room for some other sort of fish is this true or would it be oberstocked

BCherdingthefish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2012
California, USA
Hi everyone im new here ive got 2 20g tanks but next week im getting a 120g 5 ft tank for my convict
Sum 1 told me i could put
ConvictS
1 oscar
2 JDs
6 silver dollars
6 pictus catfish
Plus room for some other sort of fish is this true or would it be oberstocked
Sounds overstocked to me.

I would not mix Pictus Catfish and Oscars. If the Oscar decides he wants to bite at the Pictus, it will likely kill both of them due to the shark spines on catfish's fins. I have two Pictus in with my Oscar and I'm trying to sell them before the Oscar gets any bigger!

Welcome to MFK! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

BCherdingthefish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2012
California, USA
Ok thanks i thought 120g was a big tank unitil i just lOoked around there on this site
Yes, on this site a 120 is a baby tank :D My biggest is a 100, it's in my room. I have an Albino Tiger Oscar, the Pictus which I'm trying to sell, a Red Tail Black Shark, and two plecos, one of which was a rescue. These are all juveniles right now, otherwise I think it would be quite overstocked. I have to do some selling before these guys get too big!

How many convicts do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Welcome new comer! first thing your going to have to know is dont let people push you around and tell you what you can or cant do or have, Its your fish and your tank. Even tho a 120g is """ small""" alot of fish will be fine in it. not all fish will grow there full size in a tank unless you have a pond or a lake at your house witch most people cant aford. that said you just have to be smart at what you put in it, like 9 or 10 fish that normaly get 3 to 4 feet like Arowanas and red tail catfish wouldnt be a good idea you know what im saying. alot of my fish only eat live feeder fish and I get called alot of things but I know whats best for them.:)

BoabMac63

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2012
Scotland
Both use are corrects as use can advise me not to put fish in a tank to small but aslong as it works because its really up to me but im new here so no arguing please and thanks

Chitala Ornata Mama

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Phoenix
I remember when 120 was HUGE to me, so go you! Welcome to the hobby! You have a great size tank, and totally the right idea for getting started.
So, here is what you have going on: Your Oscar is going to get very big very quickly. They're like big, obnoxious dogs. They crash into everything, break everything, eat everything, and hassle the crap out of everything, as a rule. Of course, there are exceptions, but... And don't get me wrong, I love them, but if I had to desscribe them in a few words, that would be it.
The convicts, if you have a pair, are going to grab an entire side of the 120, or take up a good size space right in the middle. They're going to fight to the death to defend that space so they can breed.
The JD's probably won't act much different, and they aren't going to appreciate being told to bugger off by the convicts.
The silver dollars are fantastic dither fish, which means they will spend their entire lives being beaten up at random by everyone else in there, aside from the pictus, who will probably just hide, not at all impressed with any of it.
If I were you, I would consider a different stock list.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store