Crappie

james_unknown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2007
iowa
Went to the lake today and seen that all the fish have spawned and was messing around in the shallows and hand caught two around 2 1/2 inches and they are now in my 20long I will get pics soon

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

BuildingBlocks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2011
Nj, flanders
God dang it. You lucky man! D: I NEVER EVER CAUGHT a dang crappie in my life. I tried EVERYTHING and I MEAN EVERYTHING. Different hook sizes, different baits, etc. etc. How the heck do people catch crappies!??!?!?!?! God they're one of my fav. fish! :C I've caught everything BUT a crappie! Even a muskie! Even a pike! Even a trout! BUT NO CRAPPIE!>:C any trick to catching fingerling crappies?

1bigdovii

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2012
Virginia
To catch small crappie check drainage ditches running from ponds around spawn time many young get trapped there after a rain

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

carolinyens

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2009
butner,nc
If you don't care how small just get a small panfish plastic bait kit. U can find at walmart. I personally use the bass pro one for like 6 bucks. Caught a little 5"er for my 55g native. Plus walmart has minnow traps for like 8 bucks. Go to the creek or pond with that and some bread and you won't have to pay for feed for awhile or at least buy u time til you can train it to eat prep food

Sent from my PantechP8000 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store