Is this a Gold Oscar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
I just picked up a "tiger" Oscar and i believe it is actually a gold Oscar! I might be wrong but this is an amazing find on my part as I got it for cheaper from the start. I'm sorry if the pictures are bad my phone camera sucks so bad (iPhone 3GS)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
Looks like a gold oscar to me :)

Sent from my LGL45C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
Pics are not clear. Check ot jeff rapps site he has pics, i got mine from him. Start off really dark almosr black with a little gold flaking, you wont know howmhis color will be untill 8". My guy started like i described and turned almost all orange, the top of the head usualy stays dark. They are amazing in true gold form but i couldnt buy 6 and grow out to imorove my odds. But i like my guy 13"uploadfromtaptalk1333403058879.jpg

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
Pics are not clear. Check ot jeff rapps site he has pics, i got mine from him. Start off really dark almosr black with a little gold flaking, you wont know howmhis color will be untill 8". My guy started like i described and turned almost all orange, the top of the head usualy stays dark. They are amazing in true gold form but i couldnt buy 6 and grow out to imorove my odds. But i like my guy 13"View attachment 765412

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Omg I think he's a gold! He is perfectly fitting your description of how you stated. He is mostly black with gold flakes all over him except his head like the top and he looks like a red Oscar but just replace the red with gold an you have my Oscar! I think I got a gold Oscar for $7! HOLY CRAP THAT IS AMAZING

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Spencerfish98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2011
USA
looks red to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com