Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Redtailed Catfish calgaryflames's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    08-22-2014 7:00 PM
    A seasonal change could only effect them if their was something changed by the season in the water? Like runoff.This is exactly why I drip ro in all my tanks. My water supply is not perfectly stable either. But dripping 60/40 ro/tap does keep it very stable regardless of what's going on in my city's water supply. Ph swings daily here sometimes ,and the conductivity or Tds changes almost daily
    RAYS,NHL AND FISHING
    GO FLAMES GO

Dorado
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Scott
    Last Activity
    08-27-2014 5:17 PM
    Sorry to hear this!

My female flower has not had any issues to date (had her for almost 2 months but she has been in captivity for much longer). I would say the last couple weeks she might be a little more aggressive then before but not bad. She is only about 11" disc though, is in with a couple marbleds who are smaller then her.

Looking for F1 / F2 Super High End Marbled Motoros

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    Yesterday 12:24 PM
    Maybe I missed it, do you run your drip water through carbon filters or is it well water? If carbon, did you let it go longer than normal...or possibly bad batch of filters?? Flowers are so doggone sensitive!

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Quote Originally Posted by tanglovers View Post
    Sorry to hear this!

My female flower has not had any issues to date (had her for almost 2 months but she has been in captivity for much longer). I would say the last couple weeks she might be a little more aggressive then before but not bad. She is only about 11" disc though, is in with a couple marbleds who are smaller then her.
    Take it from me, i would ONLY keep a flower in a Flower only tank. I have heard this before i got mine and thought mine was exception. i had mine in with hystrix when the first problem arose a year ago. I had mine in with blacks this year. i think MAYBE they are all just too active for flowers. Even though he did so well with them for the past year, and seemed to get better looking and put on lots of weight. i think all it took was one day of my blacks topping him to stress him out.

Quote Originally Posted by scott s View Post
    Maybe I missed it, do you run your drip water through carbon filters or is it well water? If carbon, did you let it go longer than normal...or possibly bad batch of filters?? Flowers are so doggone sensitive!
    I have well water.

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    Yesterday 12:24 PM
    Maybe run the water through a carbon filter in case there is a swing in the water chemistry??

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Trev
    Last Activity
    Yesterday 9:11 PM
    sorry to hear

i don't think todd has ever had any problems with his flower... we have rely good water here though. maybe he will chime in.
    Pm Me For Pure Bred Leopoldi And Leopoldi/Henlei hybrid Pups Avail

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Trev, what are you considering really good?

I do wonder if he has ever had issues with his.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Trev
    Last Activity
    Yesterday 9:11 PM
    I just talked to my buddy that lost a batch of leo pups. He also has well water.

He had someone come out and test the water. He had very high iron. He said something about changing his iron filter

Hope this helps
    Pm Me For Pure Bred Leopoldi And Leopoldi/Henlei hybrid Pups Avail

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Quote Originally Posted by vamptrev View Post
    I just talked to my buddy that lost a batch of leo pups. He also has well water.

He had someone come out and test the water. He had very high iron. He said something about changing his iron filter

Hope this helps
    Thanks
    I thought about getting my water tested, but not sure what to look for. I know the water place will want to sell you something

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dorado
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Scott
    Last Activity
    08-27-2014 5:17 PM
    Never used well water but freinds who I know that do (they do not keep rays but breed cichlids) say it can vary greatly seasonally. I would suspect high iron (or most other heavy metals) would adversely effect rays since they are so sensitve to copper.

When I saw / talked to Todd a month or so ago (maybe a little longer) his flower was doing great and has never had any issues with him. He is pushing I guess like 17" these days and in with his black rays.

Looking for F1 / F2 Super High End Marbled Motoros

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast