How To Reverse Lookup An Image

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
Reverse image lookup can be very helpful in many cases. For example if you are thinking of purchasing a fish online and the seller has provided you with an image, you might want to know whether this is the seller's image of actual stock or a stolen image from the internet. There is a very simple way to find out!

For instructional purposes, I will use my image of one of my Blood Parrots (omg gross right?!?) because it has been posted in several locations on the internet.

1. Right click on the image and select "Copy Image URL", "Copy Link Location", "Image Address" depending on the browser you are using. You can also save the image to your computer.

1.png

2. Goto Google Images http://www.google.com/imghp and click on the camera icon on the search bar.

2.png

3. Now you can either paste the image URL or upload the picture.

3.png

4. Click the search button. You will be presented with various pages and images. Look for the section that says "Pages that include matching images".

4.png

As you can see my image has had several hits. The first two links are to care sheets I wrote on Blood Parrots. Interestingly, the third link is to a foreign page where someone has used my image in their sale.

5.png

See its just that easy to look up an image's history. So if you are questioning the legitimacy of a sale, this will help in determining it.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
Great info. I did a light edit, moved the thread to Frequently Asked Questions, and stuck the thread.
Nice, hopefully this will help people.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store