mind = blown. its illegal to pump ur own gas in NJ and Oregon

nikond70s

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2009
uranus
just found out u can get a ticket/fine or get the gas station in trouble if you self pump ur own gas at these 2 states.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
And gas is cheaper in OR. I live in Crescent City, CA. A lot of people will drive the 15 minutes to buy gas in OR and go shopping....no sales tax in OR.

cichla fiend

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2011
portland
I live in Oregon and cause I drive a old Chevy I need to pump my own gas so that it wont leak all over the place ... just sayin

Sent from my Droid using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
i live in oregon too...the gas stations are under cover? yeah it's illegal to pump your own gas. old news

supposebly it helps create jobs?

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
Under cover but still cold and wet most of the year. I don't mind sitting in my heated car. I WOULD prefer the government stays out of it, but I pretty much feel that way about most things. I did live in CA for over 20 years and can't say I really miss pumping my own gas in the few years I did drive down there.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
The funny thing is, our gas doesn't cost any more - like Pacu Mom said, we have cheaper gas than our neighbor to the south. I've always heard that it was more a matter of creating jobs than anything else, but I don't know how true that is.

The exception to the law is commercial fueling - for most of my teens and twenties I pumped my own gas as our family had a farm account.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store