Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    10-11-2014 9:16 AM

How much would you pay for a used tank?

I tend to stick to the old "Dollar a gallon" rule unless I can get it for less. New tanks are just so expensive these days that I buy all mine used. I want to get a 125 and those are kind of hard to come buy used at a good price so I may have to pay the price for new, but out of all my tanks (about three dozen from 2 1/2 to 75 gallons, not counting the pool) I may have bought two of them brand new, and one I traded fry for.

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Brian
    Alot of factors go into what I pay for a used tank. First of all it depends on what comes with it, very seldom do I buy or even see just a tank for sale.
    "What you've posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having to read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    01-23-2013 11:59 AM
    I don't think very many people are buying new tanks either. I sell new and used and used stuff comes and goes fast- I personally believe there's an inbalance in new tank prices- you can't buy them wholesale and even make much money selling them. I recently offered new 100 gallon tanks with the stand, lid and light for about 400 - a deal a manufacturer gave me at absolutely no profit and noooobody wanted them. But if I get a used 100 and sell it for 250 with the light and lid only it's gone in a weekend.
    Here's my photography website
    http://brianstelter.zenfolio.com/f359600180

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    10-29-2013 10:54 AM
    check craigslist and be patient. Although, sometimes people think theyre sitting on top dollar gems with their old tanks. I've seen 55s go anywhere from free to like $300. the median is usually around 50-75 bucks though. theres a 150 in CT with stand, plumbing and 20 gallon sump for like $325
    Up and comer
    Connecticut, USA

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo...67#post5112567
    ^Video of the 210^

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    08-17-2012 3:21 PM
    it depends where you are. in my area i know good deal that i see but others will say its bad.
    Keeping monsterous fish takes monsterous dedication and a monsterous bank account

take everyones advice like a grain of salt, their experience may differ from yours.

Forge about kids in a candy store. I'm a man in a fish store.

Cobra Snakehead
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    10-13-2014 1:44 AM
    I found a used 500 gallon acyrlic tank on craiglist locally once I tried to get them to deliver it to my house and I wanted to pay them once they delivered it. They was asking $1100 for it with the stand and sump. They wanted me to pre pay them before they delivered it. To me that seemed kind of off so I didn't go through with the purchase. And also $1100 for a 500 gallon with stand and sump seems too good to be true. What do you guys think does it sound like a scam?

john

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    05-05-2014 11:26 AM
    I would be cautious since they want you to pay first i would not pay till delivered. If its not a scam i would nit think that would be a problem. Btw all large tanks ive found like that have been at least double that price.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Cobra Snakehead
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    10-13-2014 1:44 AM
    I don't know if they still have it for sale any more it was sometime last year when the ad was up on craigslist and its been taken down since then.

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    10-29-2013 10:54 AM
    I got my 210 for 700 with the stand glass covers and a 55 sump and plumbing. Bought it on here though :-p

edit: also the pfs
    Up and comer
    Connecticut, USA

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo...67#post5112567
    ^Video of the 210^

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    05-05-2014 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcameron View Post
    I got my 210 for 700 with the stand glass covers and a 55 sump and plumbing. Bought it on here though :-p

edit: also the pfs
    Best deals i ever got was 110 gallon for $20, a 135 gallon complete w/ stand $200, my most recent 200gal tank only for $100. You can find good deals out there but all tanks i bought i got to inspect in person before paying. To my suprise none of them needed repair.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast