Clams!

Huero.stevo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2012
kansas
Tryn my luck with clams,, gunna see how well they work. As soon as they came in the mail dropped them ik and 5 seconds later, they were gone.. thought my jags had eatin them but there were no shells, so I sifted through the sand. And there they were, I unburied them and I watched as they wiggled and buried themselves quicker then I dug them out. Lol. Cool lil guys

Sent from my CRIB using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Warrensmentor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2012
Virginia
Just saw some today at the lfs. Thinking about it...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
I like the idea of clams, but as rivermud's article pointed out, if they die and you don't know about it right away the resulting ammonia spike can be deadly to a tank. Good luck with your new tankmates. What else do you have in that tank with them? I think they would be better purposed in a pond to help keep the algae blooms under control.

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
I want some clams I always liked the idea of having clams in an aquarium but where can I get them I never saw any at any lfs or anywhere else for that matter? Also around how much should they cost I don't really want to pay like $40 for some shells lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Huero.stevo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2012
kansas
Yea I found mine ik eBay in package of 10 to see how it goes. Fairly cheap considering some of the prices I've seen from online dealers. I've got them in my 55 breeder tank that is housing my jags and there new babies. I'm definatly goin to get more a.s.a.p. its fun to watch them bury them selves after been dug up.

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rivermud

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2007
Idaho
They aren't filters.. they are filter feeders. They are a living organism and as such they work the same as any other living (animal not plant) thing in an aquarium, they eat and produce waste.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store