2.5 gallon salt tank???

Jared T

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2012
New York
I would like to have a small 2.5 gallon tank and have always wanted a salt water tank what equiptment and what fish can I have in one of these tanks thanks for reading

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
You're going to be extremely limited on an aquarium that small when it comes to livestock; you're looking at having one small fish (such as a goby) and a few snails & hermits for your clean up crew.

Are you going to use a standard 2.5 gallon, or did you plan on getting one of the 2.5 gallon aquariums that has extra features such as a built-in wet/dry & stuff like that?

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
2.5 gal would be too small for almost everything lol no offense or anything. But you could turn it into an awesome little invertebrate tank.

felix453

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2011
new york
If this is your first salt water aquarium I'd recommend starting with a bigger aquarium.

Jared T

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2012
New York
You're going to be extremely limited on an aquarium that small when it comes to livestock; you're looking at having one small fish (such as a goby) and a few snails & hermits for your clean up crew.

Are you going to use a standard 2.5 gallon, or did you plan on getting one of the 2.5 gallon aquariums that has extra features such as a built-in wet/dry & stuff like that?
Just a normal 2.5 gallon with a goby and some snails what should I do

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
To start, you'll need at least two pounds of dry rock, a small piece of live rock, enough aragonite sand to make a 0.5-1.0" deep sand bed, and a filter. Your lighting will depend on whether you want to do corals or not; I would do at least a 50/50 mix of high K white lights & actinic lights in order to make it look its best while promoting coralline algae growth.

Plan on doing at least daily top offs as well as a water change every other day (if not every day). You will not need a protein skimmer provided that you do frequent water changes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store