Knight gobys??

Hoyo12

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2009
WI
fishsanctuary.webs.com
Can it be done? Yes, but is it recommended? Some people will disagree with the idea of keeping them in full freshwater, but others say that it is fine. It can take an impact on their health over time, but I myself have seen them be kept in full freshwater without any issues for an extended period of time. I have also kept them in brackish water without issues as well, so it's ulitmately your pick. I don't believe that it should be too big of a deal.

eklikewhoa

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2012
Nha Trang, Vietnam
I had one for a little while in straight fw, it's now moved on to another owner and she's keeping him in fw with goldfish and he seems happy as can be.

everlastace

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2011
Utah
They only get around 4", if memory serves me correctly, so a couple of them could go in a tank as small as about 30 gallons. I once had 3 of them in fully fresh and they did very well in a 55 with numerous tank mates.

spitz006

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2010
Allegan, MI
I've always supported that they be kept in brackish.. but the guy at my local fish store keeps them in full freshwater and they are extremely beautiful and seem more active. Hard to argue with that.. he keeps them with discus, tetras, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store