What Are You!?!

g_morin

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2005
Brooklyn
OK newly setup salt only 2-3 months tops... tanks great good natural algea growing live rock crabs fish all great except.... this little red aneome looking thing size of a pencil eraser and i spotted it a couple weeks ago forgot about it then saw it on the live rock just dancing in the current what is it? Im not worries about it but cant figure out what it is...

GLenn

g_morin

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2005
Brooklyn
What do they do?

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

g_morin

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2005
Brooklyn
Oh Damn....ok so not good then

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
I had something very similar to what you're describing. The only way I could describe it was a tiny red anenome-looking thing. It was white on the inside and instead of the long "fingers" that taper, it had tiny clear balls that expanded and contracted. I was told it was harmless and to let it go and see what happened. If your guy looks like that, I'd be curious to see what it looks like full-grown. I accidentally killed mine. I have a pic of it under a thread in General Salt. "Some things in the tank." Does it look like the third set down?

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
If it looks brownish/transparent it is probably an aiptasia like he mentioned earlier...in order to remove, take a small needle like object and insert lemon juice into it. works wonders.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store