Which fish?

Jdj211

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
I'm wondering which of these species is the most rewarding or exciting to grow out?

Silver aro
Common wolf fish
Vittatus African tiger fish

Don't worry about tank size, filtration, etc. as I will have multiple large tanks. So anybody who has any or all of these species feel free to comment.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Silver aros are boring! And I don't really see the appeal of the tigerfish. They get big and mean looking, sure, but they're also very plain-looking.

I've never had a wolf fish before, but it's the only one on your list I've even considered owning.

Jdj211

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
You know that at some point the aro would be rtc food, right? I would not keep any of those fish together.
Silver aros get over 3'. Unless the aro was introduced when it was smaller, it would be fine. It's actually a very popular combination for Amazonian exhibits at aquariums. And I wouldn't keep a VATF or wolf fish with anything else

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
In my experience the common wolf is not an active fish,mine was what amounted to a submerged log which was not very rewardingto me...I'm not a big fan of the silver arowana so my pick would be the tigerfish....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store