Yep, eviction

Regalblue

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
MI.
For those of you who remember....
The wife and I just received the paperwork from our condo association.
It states that they want us out by May 10th or they are going to move forward with the eviction.

Sent from my Desire HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

anarekist

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2011
Los Angeles
you know how long an eviction can take? it can be anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months! so you can threaten them with the fact that an eviction can take forever if they choose to go through with this. It will go to court and there you can prove that your horder status of fish keeping isnt a business.

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
Damn that sucks.. I just read your other thread where you were talking about how all this started.. I'm just curious does your Landlord want you out or just the HOA ?? Or Both ?? Like said above an eviction takes FOREVER !!
I really don't see how they have any ground to stand on if you're just keeping fish and not selling them.. Also if you can prove through your bank records no abnormal deposits besides from your regular job, how they could prove you're running a business of selling fish from your home.

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
Did you try to fight it before you got this letter? I know you were planning on moving soon anyway, but are you going to fight this at all? Seems like you should have a decent chance - especially since you wouldn't qualify as a business under those IRS regulations...

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
sorry to hear.

on what grounds did does it say is the reason for the eviction?

I recall in the other thread they "suspected" you of running a fish business out of the house right?

and if you can show you were not, I don't see how they can evict you.

did the lease state "no aquariums" as part of the agreement?

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
Damn that sucks man. When I lived in an apartment my roommate and I had our whole living room filled with tanks. 240, 150, 55, 55, 46, 40, 10, 10 gallon

Sent from my HTC HD2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
The last I remember, you were told that you needed to shut down your "fish breeding operation". What happened between then and now?

Regalblue

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
MI.
I was told to remove the tanks. I wrote them a letter stating why they were not in any violation of any bylaws.
Now I received a "notice to quit" saying if we're not out in 30days/May 10th. Then they are starting the eviction process.

I have found another place. But, the wife hasn't taken a look yet. (Schedule conflict) actually I haven't seen it in about 1.5yrs ,but it was good then, the rent is a good amount cheaper( same size as current)& the kicker..... Comes with a 180gallon!! Lol (guy doesn't want to carry it out the basement)

So, I'm probably not going to fight it at all. But, I'm not telling them that.

Sent from my Desire HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store