"Wild Caught" Salvini & Black Acara

$$mok3d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
South Florida
Just want to know if anyone in South Florida would be interested in some "wild" caught Salvini or Black Acaras. I have seen them in a couple of my fishing spots lately and want to know if anyone would be interested in them. I have no room in my tank so I never thought about keeping them but I will try and catch some tomorrow if anyone would like some quality cichlids. You can search my old posts for pictures of some I caught a few years back. Shoot me a PM or an email at s14slvia@bellsouth.net if you would like to get your hands on them. If I don't get a response tonight I'll take some pics and try another day. Just trying to help out some fellow members.

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
I'd seen port acaras in cichlid books for years as a kid, and always wanted to try my hand at them. Then my dad got sent to Miami for work in the mid-90s, and he told me about these weird fish he was catching out of the retention pond behind his apartment. I went down for a visit and the pond was full of spawning port cichlids. I thought that was the coolest thing ever. Unfortunately I didn't have tank space at the time to bring any back home.

Where in South Florida are you located? His apartment was in Miami Gardens. I didn't realize they were common around South Florida -- I assumed that one particular pond had just been stocked with them, as it was in the middle of nowhere and there were no rivers or larger lakes immediately nearby.

$$mok3d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
South Florida
I live in Plantation but cannot disclose the exact location of my fishing spots. I've also caught Texas and Jags cichlids in the Broward area recently.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store