Keep a close watch on your friends

ColeFishing

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2012
Ohio
Being in High School I have I lot of dumb friends who don't understand fish. Back when I had my native tank I kept a 6" striped bass. I showed my freind a feeding and fed the bass some earth worms. Later on the day we started playing video games, my friend left the room and started luaghing. As I walked in to see what was so funny, I saw him pionting and luaghing at my aquarium. Turns out he fed my striped bass a sour gummy worm. I was furious. I kicked him out of my house and the fish died later that night trying to cough up the non digested worm. This shows you might want to keep a close eye on people who don't know about fish. Has anyone else had these types of experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have but not with my own fish...Back whenI used to work in a pet store there were kids who would come in and wander around the store and I could tell that they had no intentions of buying anything but it was not my place to throw them out..I caught them one day way at the back of one of the fish aisles and they were putting community fish in one of the pirahna tanks....Back to your situation,sorry about the striper,and,did you physically kick your friend out of your house?...I would have.

Reactions: RocketGarStar

Freshwaterpredator22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2011
Backwoods
Damn that sucks I don't let anyone near my tanks unless I'm there. One time I came home and saw my bro and his friends looking at one my tanks and left to go the restroom. I came back to see one of his friends had his arm in my tank messing with my fish I grabbed him and I said you do that again you and me going to have problems. After that none of my bros friends went to see my tanks without asking me and me being present. I had to do a water change right after because he had all types of stuff on his body like lotion and stuff like that. But luckily none of my fish died.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
It's not just high school, you'll learn there's idiots in college, in career life and on and on and on.... sorry your fish had to die because of this idiot.

aquaman95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
washington
All deserving a good whooping

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Far2lively

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2012
London, England
I hate when anyone goes near my tank, its always the same thing can you feed them can you feed them, do they have big teeth, like kids loli dont generally let any of my mates in my room without me being there, the mates i have that dont keep fish that is

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I hate when anyone goes near my tank, its always the same thing can you feed them can you feed them, do they have big teeth, like kids loli dont generally let any of my mates in my room without me being there, the mates i have that dont keep fish that is
Well said and a good consolation for having my tanks down in the basement,no guests have any business down there unless they are invited.

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
I don't mind little kids asking questions, even silly ones; I do mind when people want to mess with the fish...Good thing these days, the top of my tank is about six foot...

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
Ya I had one of my 10 year old brothers friends come over. He was I think 13. And I walk in my room and I see him chasing my fish with his hand! I grabbed him picked him up carried him outside lol and threw his butt on my lawn and gave him a good punch if two lmfao. I was so pissed! Little punk is terriefied of me now rofl. I'm not huge though I'm 5'7" and pretty muscley so I'm not a gladiator lol. If someone were to drop anything in my tanks I would no joke knock the crap out of them! Feel so bad for you man. But make the moron pay for it! I went out and bought a key entry door knob for my room just incase lol I lock it when my friends are over.

-Andrew

Reactions: bigsteve77
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store