Freshwater Bumble Bee Grouper

Alglasswps

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2011
Boca Raton
Hi Guys,

I am thinking about getting a Bumble Bee Grouper that has "supposedly" been converted to freshwater. I have a big freshwater tank, the guy said to ad salt to the tank every few months. I was wondering if its worth spending the money and he won't die on me a few days after I get him. Does anyone have a freshwater Bumble Bee Grouper? Let me know.

Thanks,
Alex

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
They live in freshwater as juveniles and some people here have kept them in it for awhile but not sure how the longterm results were. How big of a tank do you have?

Alglasswps

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2011
Boca Raton
I'm starting up a 1000gal pond. I'm thinking about getting a small one and grow him out... I just don't want him to die quickly. anyone else?

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
I'm starting up a 1000gal pond. I'm thinking about getting a small one and grow him out... I just don't want him to die quickly. anyone else?
Make sure youve got good filtration because they are messy eaters ( we used the one at my old work as a dead fish disposal) and as large of a footprint as possible. Ours was in about a 10x8x4 and it seemed cramped

Peesong

Feeder Fish
Jun 1, 2012
indonesia
I used to have it, twice actually..... And both cant survive. I'm afraid that this fish supposed to stay at least in the salt water (or prob will able to survive in low salinity ocean water). I'm planning to give a try again. I'm going to mixed fresh & salt water.

Jay88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2010
Australia
So what tank size will be required to home a groupper for life?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store