THE fly fishing thread.

xEchOx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2006
ND
Got any stories about fly fishing you'd like to share? Got any pics of fish you caught fly fishing? Got any tips or tricks you'd like to share? Share them here. :D

I've got a few pics myself I'll get them up in a bit. :)

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Check out the "show your trout thread". A lot of the ones on the last few pages are strictly on the fly. I am truely converted to the fly now. So much fun and such a new learning experience.

xEchOx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2006
ND
I love fly fishing as well but not strictly trout. I've caught a handful of largemouth bass on the fly as well - talk about an awesome fight!

xEchOx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2006
ND
Not a giant, but so far definitely my biggest catch on a fly rod so far.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
NIce bass Echo!
I have a killer private bass pond out near my parents house. I should be out there in the next couple weeks fixing up my car....and fishing of course.
Up here the majority of the good fishing is for trout. I have no problem w/ that tho because it used to be for bass mainly. A nice change. But i still love catching some nice bass.

xEchOx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2006
ND
Right on, thanks bro. He was definitely one of the biggest I've landed with a fly rod. I actually caught another that was almost identical in size just minutes after I released this guy. I had waded all the way back to shore and through a guys fishing spot so I could get someone to take this picture and I thought it would be a little rude to do the same thing again 5-6 minutes later lol.

Be sure and post pics if you catch anything.

PS - what type of setup do you use for fly fishing bass?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store