HARD hard water.

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
Can HARD hard water be lowered? Its not yet in my tank. My house tap water is getting really hard/odor to it. which i was told it was hard water. Will the tank water test kit still be able to test the water or do i have to test it on a bigger scale? Of and with the fish bellow can they stand hard water? i have a few Procks and some Drift Wood. I think it will help lower the hardness but i have never ever test the hardness cuz it took to many damn drops and always ended with me missing the right one drops so i like to say in the 400~. What are some tips to lowering hardness?

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
Bizzaro;606544; said:
Can HARD hard water be lowered? Its not yet in my tank. My house tap water is getting really hard/odor to it. which i was told it was hard water. Will the tank water test kit still be able to test the water or do i have to test it on a bigger scale? Of and with the fish bellow can they stand hard water? i have a few Procks and some Drift Wood. I think it will help lower the hardness but i have never ever test the hardness cuz it took to many damn drops and always ended with me missing the right one drops so i like to say in the 400~. What are some tips to lowering hardness?
well hard water doesnt really have an odor it.

any ideas on what it smells like?

driftwood will not lower the hardness of the water and will have minimal impact on your pH, hardwater is very resistant to pH changes.

before i go on what kinda fish ya got?

fish head )'>

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
S.E. Michigan
Just try to work with fish that can handle harder water. You will lose your mind trying to beat what you can not change. It will be alot of work to fight it.
BTW: I am on well water that is hard. I feel your pain.

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
I cant name the smell. The fish are 2koi one LMB and channel cat and pleco. I know most of the fish ard hardly. iTs just my tap water has changed in the last week. Think im going to get a IMP and turn down my water heater.. some reason all house taps come from their and the outside lines are befor the heater. But it comes out frezzing cold.

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Is the water your private well?If so Id get it tested at a local lab ,if it smells somethings wrong.If your on public water call your water company

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store