Datnoid with swollen cheek

addisonlee25

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2008
california
Anyone ever experienced this with their datnoids? It's swollen only on its right side, acts, eats and swims like normal. Been like this for about a month now. Just curious if it's something more serious. Thanks.
Sorry, crappy cell phone pics, plus fish wouldn't stay still.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1336865044.180693.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1336865077.436238.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1336865087.169406.jpg

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
I have seen this on an indo I had a while ago. Looked similar and swelled on one side near cheek and underside of jaw..Went a but pink in colour too.
Was fine but tool a while to look normal. I never knew why it happened though. My only guess at the time was during a display for territory , or during feeding, both tigers hyperextended the jaws and snapp for the same piece of food... Injuring one of the tigers jaws in the process.
The pink colour,could mean sore or irritation. But seeing as its
it's eating and acting normally, I wouldn't add any meds.
Keep us updated . Would hate to think if anything took a sudden turn for the worse.....
How often do u do water changes and whats your filtration?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
My big ST had something similar grow on it's cheek area about a month or ago....Scared the hell out of me when I first noticed it as I thought it was the onset of that disease.I added some aquarium salt for about a week and it disapeared but I'd love to know just what it is.

addisonlee25

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2008
california
Thanks for replying. Yeah I think he may have gotten injured from another tiger that bit him. Right now he's in a 340 gallon, with a 100 gallon sump, on drip system, dripping 100 gallons a day.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good luck,even though the thing cleared up I still can't help but suspect there might be something going on within the fish's body.Hopefully I'm wrong.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store