Anyone currently keeping Scobina Rays?

Raymann88

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Haven't seen or heard much about them lately so thought I would ask if anyone has them.

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
from what ive heard over here in the uk. the shops are reluctant to get them.

that said, im quite suprised as i would expect the small adult size of this ray to make them quite sought after. even the hystrix are not as sought after as i would expect.

the last pair of scobina i knew of in the uk died shortly after transit so will be interesting to see if there are anymore around

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England

that said, im quite suprised as i would expect the small adult size of this ray to make them quite sought after. even the hystrix are not as sought after as i would expect.

the last pair of scobina i knew of in the uk died shortly after transit so will be interesting to see if there are anymore around
That said, if anyone in the UK has any Hystrix they don't want I would be more than happy to hear from them, If there are any in the Netherlands up for grabs I would love to hear about those too....drop me a PM,

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK

Not sure why you have Hurd this it's more like no one can get them

Why would any shops refuse to stock them they are very hardy unlike retics which shops buy in all the time

Have you ever even seen a shop in the UK stock true scobina I had a breeding pair and they were the only ones I have ever seen in the UK

The pair that died in transit were mine and I was gutted as even Kia will tell you they were in a sorry skinny state when I picked them up that why I know they are hardy because the state they were in was due to neglect not from them being hard to care for

As aquaman said the price of hystrix is fairly cheap it's finding them that's hard

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
I know here are a fair few here in Germany. I think someone is selling a 9 incher atm.

Raymann88

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Thanks Trevor. I know about Scott's pair. I'm looking to see if there are any others out there that are not related. Obviously no one reads the signatures at the end of the posts or they would have commented that I list scobina rays as one of the species I keep. I picked up Scott's pups and am looking to start a breeding program. I'm looking to see if there are any unrelated Scobinas out there that I can add to the program. I believe Scott's pair came from a breeder I'm Germany.

I would love to hear from anyone who has scobina or knows of someone who does. Please PM me if you do. Thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store