This is the World's Biggest Piranha

jp80911

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
NJ
wow what a beast, any idea on length of the fish?
what did you do to it? released it or ate it?

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
Awesome vid.
Those wolfs look gorgeous. Nice bass and BP as well.
I'd love to do some fishing down there.

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
With fish like that swimming around you, all I can think of is "Please keep your hands and feet inside of the moving vehicle."

Bassjedi

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2006
Houston
wow what a beast, any idea on length of the fish?
what did you do to it? released it or ate it?
I didn't measure the length, but the scale said over 7lbs in weight. Had we decided to target these we could have easily caught hundreds each day, but they were really only incidental catches while drifting bait for catfish. The piranhas did not live in the deeper holes where the catfish were, so you knew as soon as you drifted past the deeper hole because the piranhas would tear your bait apart immediately. Despite trying to avoid them the whole time I think I landed around 6 or so and they were all over 5lbs except for one. They attacked lures as well but were hard to hook. We threw them back as the peacock bass were better for eating. I had Piranha on my last trip; they taste good but have a lot of bones.

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
I didn't measure the length, but the scale said over 7lbs in weight. Had we decided to target these we could have easily caught hundreds each day, but they were really only incidental catches while drifting bait for catfish. The piranhas did not live in the deeper holes where the catfish were, so you knew as soon as you drifted past the deeper hole because the piranhas would tear your bait apart immediately. Despite trying to avoid them the whole time I think I landed around 6 or so and they were all over 5lbs except for one. They attacked lures as well but were hard to hook. We threw them back as the peacock bass were better for eating. I had Piranha on my last trip; they taste good but have a lot of bones.
Yeah I'm not surprised you couldn't hook them easily... They are very quick attackers!

I'M ANDREW AND I'M A FISHAHOLIC
-Andrew

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store