Painted tetra

marv1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2012
LONG BEACH
I'm doing a new set up(50gal) for my little girl that wants to do colorful fish that isn't aggressive.she seen the painted tetra but I don't know much about them? And what other options of colored fish that's nonagressive or goldfish

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
they're tattooed.
they dip them in a caustic to remove their protective coat and injected with dye. plus the color fades.
all in all a bad fish to buy.
some koi angels, golden wonder killifish, and some kuhli loaches will give a non aggressive tank with some interesting colors if you want tropical.
or go native with some top minnows (I've seen red, green, and multi colored ones on aquabid), some least killifish (not very colorful, but nice stripes and an interesting fish, a few darters, and some pygmy sunfish

marv1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2012
LONG BEACH
Cool thanks I really appreciate the respond with good tips.she want to get in the hobby and I been buying time by telling her the water need to cycle before we buy and add fish lol

marv1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2012
LONG BEACH
Oh dang those are nice ima look for some around here but if anything ima order some to surprise her with when she gets home from school thanks good ideas guys

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store