Another Datnoid ID???

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
Seattle
Hey guys, I picked these guys up today because I rarely see them in LFS.

Any ideas what they are? They don't have the gold/bronze color. Was told that they are thin bars.

If they are thin bars, shouldn't they have a little more gold/bronze on them? Could they by American Datnoids? They are about 1 inch.

Sorry, not the best pics I know.

Thanks!

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
Seattle
Thanks for the quick response. So does the color come in later or are they unstable?!

Or are they gonna be silver and not gold/bronze?

Sorry, new to datnoids :)

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
Thanks for the quick response. So does the color come in later or are they unstable?!

Or are they gonna be silver and not gold/bronze?

Sorry, new to datnoids :)
Np
Looks to be unstable but once they adjust to there surrounding they should be stable. Once they put some size on then there colors should come out more.
I am still learning about datnoids aswell :D

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
yup, baby indo's, and yes as they age they usually get a more goldish color ... mine are just now getting a goldish sheen still mosly white at about 7 inches

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Np
Looks to be unstable but once they adjust to there surrounding they should be stable. Once they put some size on then there colors should come out more.
I am still learning about datnoids aswell :D
Not necessarily true. Once Indos get used to surrounding, they can and do go unstable.
You never really know. It's 50/50

Might take 1 year to go stable, or after 1 year of being stable, they might go unstable.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
Seattle
Not necessarily true. Once Indos get used to surrounding, they can and do go unstable.
You never really know. It's 50/50

Might take 1 year to go stable, or after 1 year of being stable, they might go unstable.

So is the instability due to water chemistry, nutrient, etc. Or something else?

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
So is the instability due to water chemistry, nutrient, etc. Or something else?
Use search function.. It would take too long to reply in 1 post. (I mean no offence by saying) 😉

This is the most talked about subject in datnioide forum. Some really good discussions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store