Datnoids should have their own CATEGORY!

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
DOes anybody else think that MFK should expand into a Datnoid catagory? it would seperate the threads a little easier, and it would be nice to see some Datnoid "FAQ" threads. ANyone agree?

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
that would be nice...

eman b115

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2006
I too agree

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
Come on mods/Admins lets set one up.. you guys got a catagory for snakeheads.. i think almost as many people have dats as snakeheads..if not more!

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I don't, and I think that the channa section should also be removed. My reasons are stated elsewhere but basically ammount to "Where does it stop? A catagorey for everyfamily? Genus? Fish named Bob?"

Joshy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2006
Essex, England
www.bbc.co.uk
I see where guppy is coming from with this...

However, i think the staff need to study what fish are discussed most in this particular forum, then make categories based on that.

Either construct logical categories all at once, or leave the 'Other Monster Fish' as it was.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
If we keep adding subforums it will get to the point where there is more forums than threads.... I would hold off on it for (quite) a while.
JMHO

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
Ok ok let me say I campaigned hard and long for the snakehead forum the reason being 1 I like them 2 I have had a fare few 3 i like them and 4 i like them :D but most of all there are several species of Channa this made me feel they required there own forum. There are four actual Datnoid species available to the aquarist thus and I know I know you love them and there your thing but it really dose not warrant a whole section to its self. Channas well this is just a few of them.

Channa amphibeus
Channa argus
Channa asiatica
Channa aurantimaculata
Channa bankanensis
Channa baramensis
Channa barca
Channa bleheri
Channa burmanica
Channa cyanospilos
Channa gachua
Channa harcourtbutleri
Channa lucius
Channa maculata
Channa marulioides
Channa marulius
Channa melanopterus
Channa micropeltes
Channa nox
Channa orientalis
Channa panaw
Channa pleurophthalma
Channa punctata
Channa stewartii
Channa striata

They are still finding new ones i bought an unidentified blue form of snakehead imported from Assam in India last week so this is why it had its own forum.

I hope you all don’t hate me but as Neo once said to me where do you draw the line;)

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
Draw the line at dats, I can't even think of another subforum other than snakeheads and dats. Anabatoids?

marvinbaker

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 1, 2006
canterbury
I agree there's enough forums already but if angels get a forum then dats definitely should!! How many of us here look on this website for angels and discus, they're not monsters! dats should definitely get one if they get one!!

I also agree there's prob not enough species of dat for a forum but there's not many species of peacock bass, angels, or pike cichlids so it's not really a valid reason for not having one

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store