Need help with new NGT

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
Just brought home a 6 inch NGT,
its quite thin, its been in the lfs for a while, the lfs brought lots of NGT a few months ago,
dropped by to get one, but they are all thin, I picked the most stable looking one, the others were hiding and quite dark.

but when i placed the fish into my tank, it was just floating around?
need your opinion on this piece please. price i got this is not sale price.

I have move him into my guppy tank to quarantine, as I'm worried my arowana might take a biteas he doesn't seem to be swimming much.

should i try to take him back to the lfs? or try to treat him?

blacktip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Cali
After watching the video I'd say its a good thing you moved him. The aro was definitely eyeing him up.

Have you tried offering any live feeders?

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
After watching the video I'd say its a good thing you moved him. The aro was definitely eyeing him up.

Have you tried offering any live feeders?
I just brought him home , he's now in my guppy tank with 3 female guppies , will check tomorrow if the guppies are still there
, hope i can get him to eat soon so i wont have to take him back to the lfs

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
btw what would be the most irresistable food for a datnoid? I'll try to see if i can get him to eat, so far the 3 pregnant guppies are still in the tank .

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
Yeah he is very thin and his stomach is sunken in. You did the right thing by moving him in small quarantine tank. I would add some aquarium salt and the best thing to feed them now is live food. A bunch of guppies or small minnows would be your best bet for getting it to eat. He looks pretty frail, I hope he pulls through.

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
Yeah he is very thin and his stomach is sunken in. You did the right thing by moving him in small quarantine tank. I would add some aquarium salt and the best thing to feed them now is live food. A bunch of guppies or small minnows would be your best bet for getting it to eat. He looks pretty frail, I hope he pulls through.

thanks, he's currently in my fancy guppy tank, if by next week my guppies are still there, I'll bring him back to the lfs.
I'm currently treating him for internal parasites. will add more guppies, ormaybe some mollis for him.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Damn,looks like that aro could eat him without trying too hard,good you got him out of there....ultimatejay is on point and if you can get mollies I'd skip right to them over the guppies.The NGT looks badly sunken in and needs to be fattened up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store