Where to buy bowfin(AKA DOGFISH) in ontario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pondfish334

Feeder Fish
Jun 16, 2012
mississauga
Hi im new to the form but thats besides the point:grinno:

anyway im looking to get a juvenile 3-4 inch bowfin to add to my native tank which only has an alligator gar.

doveandgrenade

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2012
Canada
Welcome.
I see you're in Mississauga. The Asian market where dragon and big al's is will have some. They sell by the pound. Smallest I've seen there appeared to be 8-9" and largest was around 20"

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Your best bet is the asian market called yuan ming. I've been to that supermarket and they always have like 40 bowfins at 8 to 9 inches for sale. They are like 4 bucks a pound (or less). I bet it's like 15 bucks a fish or something close like that. As for Dragons aquarium and Big Al's missisuaga, i wouldn't bother asking because they would just order one or 2 bowfins for you cuz they won't make the money. They might just tell you to fish for one LOL. It's from a personal experience with both stores.

doveandgrenade

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2012
Canada
Your best bet is the asian market called yuan ming. I've been to that supermarket and they always have like 40 bowfins at 8 to 9 inches for sale. They are like 4 bucks a pound (or less). I bet it's like 15 bucks a fish or something close like that. As for Dragons aquarium and Big Al's missisuaga, i wouldn't bother asking because they would just order one or 2 bowfins for you cuz they won't make the money. They might just tell you to fish for one LOL. It's from a personal experience with both stores.
I don't remember the name of the supermarket in the plaza of dragon. Is it yuan Ming or yuan Ming a different one??

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tkoltz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2012
florida
It might not be bowfin at an asian market that might be snakehead cause snakehead are asian. Just double check.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store