I bought/rescued a ray last night because I felt sorry for it .any body else do this

calgaryflames

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
calgary
Yah I went to a guys place last night to find a rotting tank that had some nice fish inside I have no idea how they are still alive.it smelled like a really rotten slew or swamp,

The ray was sad :( his color pretty much burned off ,the smell of the water in my container once I got it home made me gag .

My 3 1/2 year old boy Luke looked up at me and said "daddy lets get this stingray" so we brought it home ,he was named spark by my son :)
He's in my quarantine now we will share pictures of spark soon when he recovers.

Have any of you guys ever bought a ray because you wanted to save it?
Is this normal or has my addiction become a problem lol

STINGRAYED

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2012
us
Yah I went to a guys place last night to find a rotting tank that had some nice fish inside I have no idea how they are still alive.it smelled like a really rotten slew or swamp,

The ray was sad :( his color pretty much burned off ,the smell of the water in my container once I got it home made me gag .

My 3 1/2 year old boy Luke looked up at me and said "daddy lets get this stingray" so we brought it home ,he was named spark by my son :)
He's in my quarantine now we will share pictures of spark soon when he recovers.

Very nice gesture great life leason for your son what might hurt is the time you just can't do it and your Boy is going to ask why explanation or not it hurts.. yes i have the sad thing is you can't save all the fish or Rays you see in this condition:(

cheon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
canada
Oh nooooo!!!!!!!! Wheres the hero police!!! To give u and ur son hero badges for ur real hero work and protecting the helpless stingrays out their.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Venom Stinger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
Arlington,Va.
yeah I did it with my last motoro...it.died..gl with the new ray

Sent from my LGL45C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007

I guess not everybody's fish they sell goes to a good home. Good rescue!

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
What ray is it? Can we see pics

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

calgaryflames

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
calgary
Its a mm ray I don't know how to download pics from my iPhone on here so no pics:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store