Xantic Morph Gar (Golden Gar) for sale

mscamp02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2011
Mt. Sterling KY
yeah, apparently rare enough and worth it enough. In the description:

This Xantic Florida Gar (Golden Gar) was caught in Florida by a Fisherman who knew that he had something special. The last one of this type captured was in 2004 and sold for $20,000. That fish did not have the unique marbling that this fish clearly has. This fish is a collectors dream and is an ideal specimen stretches some 17 plus inches and in perfect health. This fish is KOI like in appearance looking amazing from view from above showing off the marveling color against the beautiful orange color. this would be an excellent addition to a pond. This fish is for sale to a qualified buyer and asking $15,000 for this very rare a fish ...reasonable offers will be seriously considered. Please contact me at eddie@bluegrassaquatics.com

JML1997

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
N.B, Canada
This Xantic Florida Gar (Golden Gar) was caught in Florida by a Fisherman who knew that he had something special. The last one of this type captured was in 2004 and sold for $20,000. That fish did not have the unique marbling that this fish clearly has. This fish is a collectors dream and is an ideal specimen stretches some 17 plus inches and in perfect health. This fish is KOI like in appearance looking amazing from view from above showing off the marveling color against the beautiful orange color. this would be an excellent addition to a pond. This fish is for sale to a qualified buyer and asking $15,000 for this very rare a fish ...reasonable offers will be seriously considered. Please contact me at eddie@bluegrassaquatics.com
This isn't all that true, as forum member "Madding" acquired one not to long ago, but it was definitely not 2004 long.

arowanaryan

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2011
North Attleboro
That one's pretty overpriced, but someone probably will still buy it; I'm pretty sure that a large number of gar morphs are produced in Asia, too, which could further reduce the value.
x2 on the reduction of value if these are in fact inbred asian morph gars...(as many of them are Florida gars I'd say its a safe bet)

The price is way to high.... its the same as an SB platinum RTC that was on here recentlyfor sale.... the rare big cat would be cooler then a koi-like florida gar IMO especially once you add in the fact that its SB which makes it managable size wise even though its an RTC.

That gar still is the bee's knee's... Madding what did you get yours for if you dont mind sharing??

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Madding bought one bout 2 years ago for about 3k iirc(at least this was the asking price I nearly bought it at), which is an appropriate price. The biggest issue with this fish(excluding price) is its a "sunburst" gar. These are often known to revert to standard colors.

Someone mind emailing them and letting them know?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store