New gar

Longshot

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
Central Texas
Got me a new fish for the aquarium. I caught in a minnow seine while collecting data somewhere on the Medina/San Antonio/Guadalupe rivers (it was a fast paced trip so it is all still a blur). This was my first time using Kordon breather bags. I am definitely a huge fan. I also brought back some very large ghost shrimp, two catfish and some snails. Zero fatalities which is a first with the ghost shrimp that were bagged for over 30 hours. Right now it is living in a 20 gallon long, munching on larval mosquito fish since it'll get eaten in any of my other tanks. Hope it grows quickly!

Just had to brag a little.

CoryWentland

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2012
Minnesota
Love that gar! He's so little! I'd love to get a small gar like that and raise it to get bug. I got both of my gars big. My Florida Gar was about 8 inches when I got it and the Longnose Gar was around a foot when I got it. Maybe one day I'll find a little gar to take care of. I hope to catch a small longnose or even a shortnose one of these days for the aquarium. I'd probably prefer getting a shortnose, but the longnose gars in the lake that we stay at are all so beautiful! I caught one once with the most black stripe I've ever seen and then its tail... well its tail was completely black!!!! Nothing like wild caught gars!

jasbiker4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2012
West Virginia
Very nice, congratulations and glad those bags worked out beautifully.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Longshot

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
Central Texas
Yeah, it is still alive so I'm assuming it is eating my fancy guppy fry.

Today I added a freckled madtom catfish to my collection. Scooped it up while picking up beer cans from the river...along with yet another pair of ugly Oakley sunglasses.

giant19000

Fahaka
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
THE AMAZON
Got me a new fish for the aquarium. I caught in a minnow seine while collecting data somewhere on the Medina/San Antonio/Guadalupe rivers (it was a fast paced trip so it is all still a blur). This was my first time using Kordon breather bags. I am definitely a huge fan. I also brought back some very large ghost shrimp, two catfish and some snails. Zero fatalities which is a first with the ghost shrimp that were bagged for over 30 hours. Right now it is living in a 20 gallon long, munching on larval mosquito fish since it'll get eaten in any of my other tanks. Hope it grows quickly!

Just had to brag a little.
Nice I got mine when it was around 3 maybe 4 inches now he's growing nothing like raising them yourself hu?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
What the hey.. everyone can fnd a LNG but me it seems! lol cute lil guy! can't wait for update pics in a few weeks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store