SAVE MY GARs Please, Urgent, Advice needed !!!!!!!

vinson vr

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2010
malaysia

Guys, please advice, i am going crazy now!

Never happen on me before, i don't even know what to do next.......

My 4Ft tank (5 baby Gar fishes inside), is facing a real critical problem (happen since several days ago !).

As in the video, u guys can see (obviously :( ), my tank which is FULL of ''Unknown'' Worms inside, so TINY, like they are thousands numbered inside, and they are getting more and more each day, all over my tank now, Wat the hell is this????

Im worried! Afraid that the worms will kill my Gar, any solution for me before its too late????

Any suggestion? Advice??? Medicine for my tank??? Please Guys....!!!!!

I just done like 90% Water Changed, it seem less after i refill my tank with new water, but Once i turn on my pump, when the water flows again.....THEY are here again! Nothing change at all, Suspected that they are out from the Bio-Rims ?Arrrrhhh, i got no idea....!!!!!

(Sad, and....What is this, identity? Why/How do the ''worms'' appear? My tap water's quality was bad? or the bio-balls, bio-rims? )
(also, i fed my Gars with market shrimps only, cut shrimps in small pieces, related?)

Save my Gar pls, i love them...!!!! Guys.........

[video=youtube;vDqwmId62Jg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDqwmId62Jg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

vinson vr

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2010
malaysia
This the my Filter System in 4Ft tank, any problem with that???

P1070939.JPG

P1070939.JPG

dscort

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2009
NW Ohio
do a search on planaria. harmless worms. do a water change and remove uneaten food........

vinson vr

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2010
malaysia
Thanks for ur info dscort, just searched, but it wasn't PLANARIA in my tank, doesnt look the same, the ''THING'' in my tank looks smaller and tiny....could be some kind of other species....

MonFish Fanatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2008
Malaysia
That's planaria...don't worry, it's harmless. It's due to the uneaten/ minute leftover foods in the tanks. You can try salt but from my experience....Potassium Permangganate solutions will eliminate it instantly.

vinson vr

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2010
malaysia
Appreciated and Thanks for all the info guys, just added 3 tablespoon of salt, see if it helps !
And will do another water-change tomorow again.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
Appreciated and Thanks for all the info guys, just added 3 tablespoon of salt, see if it helps !
And will do another water-change tomorow again.
remember to add salt to the new water that you will put in the tank when you do WC as well!

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
I don't know why people always think that these worms are planaria. Planaria have a very distinctive triangle shaped head with two eye spots and are rarely free floating. These types of worms are most likely Nematodes. Most are harmless, but some can cause a fish to get irritated and then lead to stress and infections. Keep food intake down and do more small frequent water changes and try to vacuum up as many as you can while doing the water changes. These worms will always be present in most tanks as part of an ecosystem. Most people don't see or realize them until the population gets out of hand by over feeding.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
I don't know why people always think that these worms are planaria. Planaria have a very distinctive triangle shaped head with two eye spots and are rarely free floating. These types of worms are most likely Nematodes. Most are harmless, but some can cause a fish to get irritated and then lead to stress and infections. Keep food intake down and do more small frequent water changes and try to vacuum up as many as you can while doing the water changes. These worms will always be present in most tanks as part of an ecosystem. Most people don't see or realize them until the population gets out of hand by over feeding.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
people think they are planarians, because they usually are in some form...they are flatworms, but not all flatworms are planarians. there are also often nematodes, but flatworms seem to be more visible.

all that being said, these worms should generally be harmless. as stated earlier, remove uneaten food and maintain good water quality. if your gars are still eating well and acting normally, there is no reason to suspect the worms are causing any real problems. any tank system has worms to some extent; with massive water changes and turnover you will often see the worms more frequently (coupled with uneaten food). don't do anything drastic to the tank, just maintain good water quality and make sure your gars are acting normally and you will be fine (have had these worms show up plenty of times in my gar tanks) --
--solomon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store