Long nose gar fry help!

Horseman1023

Feeder Fish
Jul 2, 2012
United States
I am having issues with a gar fry. I can't seem to get him to eat. I'm new to gar fish. He just hangs around the top of the tank all day and stays in one spot. He never really dives down. And when he does he floats back up fast. Maybe a swim bladder issue? I have tried to do the starvation method of pellets and that hasn't worked. I have also tried frozen shrimp. Nothing seems to work. Any advice would be great. He also has 2 tank mates, an Oscar and pleco. Both are young and neither mess with him. The tank is at proper levels. It's a 55gal standard. With quad filtration. I'm currently looking for a larger tank so they will be in a bigger soon. And I know the tank is too smaller for their lifetimes. So please don't bring that up, it's a grower tank. Anyway thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it.

tigercat

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2012
winnsboro
Yes you need to get rid of the tank mates. You also should feed it guppies and then larger prey as he get bigger. Also you may also want to put some floating plants in the tank to make it feel more at ease.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store