How come my bichirs never friggin grow!!!

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Ok, i've kept bichirs for about 2 years now so i'm no poly noob (I think). It just seems that I just don't know the way to care for them! As all of you bichir keepers say, "bichirs grow an inch a month," I can't believe how you guys are says are saying! I have a 5 inch delhezi, a 5 inch retropinnis and a 5 inch weeksi and NON OF THEM GREW AN INCH FOR HALF A DANG YEAR!! this is how I keep them:

. I keep them in a 75 gallon tank with an ehiem canister filter

. I feed them either sinking pellets or cut market shrimp once a day.

. I change the water around once a week 30%

.i'm pretty sure the del is a CB and the weeksi and retro are WC.

What am i missing?? What do you guys feed your bichir??? i noticed that for the last month, the bichirs aren't really eating most of the food and most of it is littered at the bottom of the tank.

ANY TIPS?? To be honest, i've kept the del for 1.5 years now it it only grew an inch. i've kept the weeksi and retro for just less than a year and they didn't even grow an inch!!!

what is wrong with my MFKing skills!

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Do I need change the diet of the fish?? I'm pretty sure it's not the cause of intestinal paracites since they swim fine.

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
Do sens generally have poor genetics I got it from a LFS it grew about 2-3"and bow it's stopped

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
are there like any pellets like some hikiri ones that increase growth?

anarekist

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2011
Los Angeles
i think all the growth you get (1 inch a month) are from lower jaw species, those upper jaw species you have are all SLOW growers IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store