220 exploded

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
About 30 mins after I got to work my wife called in a panice and to me to rush home, because my tank busted. I sped home like a lunatic and when I got home it was a warzone. Fish flopping everwhere, 2" of water everywhere. So far i've lost everything but the fire eel and 3 plecos. Including my pride and joy thomas the green severum. Crying while I type this and not ashamed to admit it. Have DRT cleaning up the flood damage. I will update as I can. Sorry no pics, not amongst my priorities.
Josh

1bigdovii

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2012
Virginia
Oh man so sorry. That really sucks. I had a tank blow a seal a while.back luckly it was only a 55. Do you have any idea what happened? I know its hard and i really feel for you, just keep your head up it will get better.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Ouch sorry amigo. You will get back in the game even harder, as for crying well chicks love emotion!

Go S. Vettel #1 rb8

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
WOW! Im sorry to hear that bro. How did it brake?

Sent from my Comet using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
As far as I can tell the 24" 3/4" center brace failed because 90% of the front pane sheered off at once. Only a tiny bit of 1 corner broke and stayed attached on the front. Wife said it sounded like 8 or 9 gunshots which i'm assuming was the seems going.

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
I'm really sorry to hear about your tank man. I thought it was bad when my canister filter return fitting came loose and pumped 45 gallons of water onto my basement floor. My better half was beyond pissed as well.

What kind of tank was it? Reading about all these busted tanks if making me paranoid. I'm starting to wonder about my tanks now.

Best of luck with the clean up brother-man.
- John

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store