Gar switching to pellets

JNason11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
Maine
My Florida Gar is about 9" and looking great. He is currently on live feeders but i want to switch him over to pellets. I heard hikari massivore pellets are good but my lfs doesn't have them. Are those good pellets for Gar and where can I order them online? I don't want sinking pellets either! Thank you!

Sent from my HTC Hero S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
massivore sinks... imo NLS is a better pellet, go with a smaller pellet as they are rather hard and best if easily swallowed smaller. I found the nls also doesnt expand like the hikkari do and bloat up my fish. I feed both massivore and nls large fish too my gar along with live. Mine also love nightcrawlers since i feed my spiney eels them, they always steal a few peices.

Rsina

Feeder Fish
Jul 14, 2012
North Pole
massivore sinks... imo NLS is a better pellet, go with a smaller pellet as they are rather hard and best if easily swallowed smaller. I found the nls also doesnt expand like the hikkari do and bloat up my fish. I feed both massivore and nls large fish too my gar along with live. Mine also love nightcrawlers since i feed my spiney eels them, they always steal a few peices.
How do you get them on night crawlers? I've feed mine crickets ,pellets and feeders !ive been trying to get mine on prawns/shrimp but he has no interest in it

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
honestly the worms rarely hit the bottom.. but when they do the wiggleing attracts their attention if my eels miss it. pretty funny watching my floridas eye it up... then cruise up and scoop them up off the sand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store