Weird bump on my Florida gar?

Dahawkster15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2012
Silsbee, tx
I got this Florida gar from my LFS about 3 and a half weeks ago. He has had this white bump for about 2 and a half weeks. It looked like it had popped and was going down but now it seems to be growing larger again in different directions. Also, there seems to be a new growth beginning right beside it. Please help!IMG_0631.JPG

IMG_0631.JPG

Dahawkster15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2012
Silsbee, tx
Anybody? I do a 25-30% water change every week. I check water parameters every week also and they are always perfect. I added some ich medicine Wednesday. Thursday I added some aquarium salt and I have raised the temp to 82 degrees. It's still growing...

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Could be where a scale is missing or fungus never just throw meds in the water and hope they'll work, cuz I cab tell u that's not ick, so all that does is stress the fish out even more. Any tank mates?

Go S. Vettel #1 rb8

Dahawkster15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2012
Silsbee, tx
I only put one dose of ich medicine in, haven't done anymore. No he is the only in the tank. I only put ich medicine in because the guy at my LFS that sold him to me said he doesn't have a clue what it is. I don't thin it's lymphocytosis...any other ideas or suggestions?

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
I only put one dose of ich medicine in, haven't done anymore. No he is the only in the tank. I only put ich medicine in because the guy at my LFS that sold him to me said he doesn't have a clue what it is. I don't thin it's lymphocytosis...any other ideas or suggestions?
Wc! If u keep the water free of ammonia nitrite and low ppm nitrates he will heal like a champ imo.

Go S. Vettel #1 rb8

Dahawkster15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2012
Silsbee, tx
They have all been good since the day I got him. I do a 25% water change every week. It's been 3 weeks and isn't going down.

Dahawkster15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2012
Silsbee, tx
Yeah it doesn't bother him at all. He eats a lot and is very active and swims normal. He doesn't try to itch it or anything. I'm hoping the addition of a little salt and the warmer temp will cause this thing to get over with lol

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
tbh im amazed the copper medication didnt kill him. looks like an abcess or possibly a tumor to me. when it popped did it bleed or puss? the best thing is clean water, and good food.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
I got this Florida gar from my LFS about 3 and a half weeks ago. He has had this white bump for about 2 and a half weeks. It looked like it had popped and was going down but now it seems to be growing larger again in different directions. Also, there seems to be a new growth beginning right beside it. Please help!View attachment 807761
Keep the water clean, small amount of salt, med free and it should clear up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store