Silver Arowana / ID Shark = Bad Skin Patches (both over 2')

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines
Both are in my 1,000 Intex Pond. My params are not an issue. This is an established pond 2 years old.

I just left for an overnight trip out of town and when I got back. This is what I saw. Don't think there's an issue with the water as all the other fish look/swim/eat normal. There's one photo of the silver beside another silver.

Please tell me what you guys suspect it is. The last two photos were taken 12 hours after the first few shots.

I did an 80% water change yesterday. This morning, they look a bit better. Any idea what this is and what I should do to prevent this from happening?

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
Wow that looks nasty... good luck with that. Hope it all works out for you.

Wlim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2011
Pretoria South Africa
Hi MeAko the arow might have Red Spot disease you need to get hold of a arowana expert and get medicine fast or he will die. Strong Aquarium salt solution could help if he is bathed in it. Ensure that thers is enough oxygen in the water.As for the Pangasius(ID Shark) it looks like White spot.

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines
Thanks for the reply. After I did an 80% WC, the white spot on the ID Shark went away in a snap, like within minutes, crazy. Never saw something like that go away so fast. He is now back to his old piggy self.

The aro also got back his appetite, but the dark spots are still there, will see after a week if it doesn't go away, then might want to treat him with salt.

Thanks for the reply though, appreciate it.

josue25

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
australia
Is the aro in a tank if so my when my aro jumps and hits his heag and back on the top glass he gets bruised like that but chek with an expert maybe post in the arowana section in this forum

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines
After I did a big WC, the ID shark's marks got erased, as in almost instantly, the silver looks the same but his appetite is insatiable, am actually trying to avoid feeding it, but it's very hard.

Sure hope it's not Red Spot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store