wake up call

large_cichlids

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2006
cichlid city
as most of u kno...the red devil is my faviarate cichlid.but i seriously just realized why am i keeping around 4 of them.I only need one.so i decided to get rid of my 5 inch and other 8 incher.I now only have one glass banger rd and a buttikoferi.........so then i realized why am i keeping a empty 75 gallon....so i went to a lfs called jacks aquarium.I saw in a bottom tank a dovii for 15$........so i decided to buy one and drop it in the 75.....i actually got the fish for 10 dollars becuase i already had 5 dollars worth of store credit.,.....i will post pics soon of this 6 inch beast....at what mark do they stop growing at 1 inch per month.....is it 8 inches or what.

REDKID!!!

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2006
San Diego CA
Very cool. Wernt u keeping the Butti in the 75? and a 75 is to small for a dovii for life. You need a 120 minimum. But congrats of the pick up. Pics pics pics!

large_cichlids

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2006
cichlid city
i will have pics up soon.the butti is in a 55
at what point do they slow down growing

REC

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2005
Seattle Area
Oddball;628233; said:
READ BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
These threads are for members to voice their opinions on the subjects that are presented to them. By erasing a thread entirely or by deleting one's post you violate that person's right as a member to voice his opinion. This site has lost alot of members due to moderator's doing things such as this and it will continue to do so. No one other than Dovii88 used name calling as a source of post. Why everyone's post were deleted is just simply the source of this site's ongoing problems. If this post is deleted I'm gone because whats the point of having a forum if everyone's opinions are going to be erased and judged by higher ranked members.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Anyone can voice their opinions. However, common courtesy will be adhered to as this is a public forum with many members that aren't here to witness or participate in a fight.

We have lost a few members and showed many others the door due to their frequently discourteous posts. However, last time I looked, our membership is increasing more rapidly than the offset that the losses are hitting our numbers.

I'm not certain you even know what it is a moderator is called upon to do. If I have to close or delete a post so I can outrun the boneheads waging a battle, I'll do so. Once the thread is cleaned up of all the NON-TOPIC BS, I'll reopen it. If you don't like it, there are other sites you can go to that I chose not to participate in. Whether you're a happy camper or not is not on my list of New Year's resolutions.

And, don't wait to see if this thread will be deleted before leaving, you've been one of the few that has required our nearly constant intervention. Don't threaten us with your quitting the site, leave now. I assure you that you won't be missed.

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
oddball, i dont think pointing out a persons mistakes is non topic bs. he needs to know what he did was wrong, he is asking for our opinions, isnt that why he keeps asking questions? i think there is such thing as tough love. i dont think all those post were justly deleted. he got set strait, even if it was harsh.

and as far as the "treat as you would like to be treated" goes, i DO want people to point out my mistakes, even if their harsh. YOU LEARN from your mistakes, i dont see why anybody asking for help can be offended by someone giving their advice, they asked for it. IMO. nothing personal.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
There are better ways then belittling a member to get the point across that a clear mistake in judgement has occurred. Tough love is for encounter groups. We also have to contend with the fact that what is perceived as tough-love by one person, is considered as abusive by another person. There's no way to choose sides in alot of these situations. So, the best solution, occassionally, is to purge and start over.
I had to delete non-offensive posts because they went with the flow of the offensive posts. They wouldn't have made any sense had I left them. Plus, after gleaning through over 40 posts, on Christmas eve, I got fed up and hit the flusher.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Also consider the fact that the mods are a very small handful of UNPAID VOLUNTEERS that are trying to make this site a place for the amicable exchange of information and experiences for 15,000 plus members. Playing referee in flame-fests is truely at the bottom of the list of things I enjoy doing on these sites.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store