found some lng at the lfs

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
here is a few pics of the 4 new lng and the lone survivor of my fry i found at the lrs(local river system). i am uploading a quick vid on them also.

014.JPG

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
[video=youtube;EHD0SDiu0-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHD0SDiu0-w&feature=youtu.be[/video]

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Glad you found some.. a bunch at the lfs here.. picking up 2 more tomorrow hopefully.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
thanks

mm- did you get those 2?

pharm- i am surprised you don't. have you asked the market were you got your bowfins?

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
thanks

mm- did you get those 2?

pharm- i am surprised you don't. have you asked the market were you got your bowfins?

For the most part most of the gars on the lists are from asian fish farms, and are usually mislabelled. In the past I've tried ordering in thing like longnoses and usually get needlefish. I've also tried getting shortnoses and only gotten floridas.

I'll have to see whether that market can get in longnoses. As of right now they are not even getting any bowfins in, and that's something they almost always had in stock.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
thanks

For the most part most of the gars on the lists are from asian fish farms, and are usually mislabelled. In the past I've tried ordering in thing like longnoses and usually get needlefish. I've also tried getting shortnoses and only gotten floridas.

I'll have to see whether that market can get in longnoses. As of right now they are not even getting any bowfins in, and that's something they almost always had in stock.

that sucks, good luck finding some.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
so i was curious and dropped in a few broken foodsticks that i was feeding my vatf and instantly i saw this....:woot: been in the tank a few days and got atleast one to eat.

001.JPG

002.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store